WOOF

Male homosexuals in dangerous, abusive or life-threatening situations please contact:



WOOF

c/o David James Callan

16 Eldridge Street, Apt. 14H

Manchester, CT 06040

860-647-6911

doodlebuggery1@gmail.com













Saturday, February 13, 2010

DAVID JAMES CALLAN [VERSION TWO]

Another version of the DAVID JAMES CALLAN demo. The song "Uncle Bunny's Hoedown" was written by me and Keith Grady, now DJ Fancy of the rap-group Fannypack. It was originally a cheesy country song with a walking bass line, but I can't play it that way. The lyrics are the PC version; originally, the word "conscience" was "titties." I guess that was a dishonest version of the song, though.


01 _ The Drinking Well
02 _ Tearing the Shirt
03 _ Resume
04 _ Johnny (Callan/Summers)
05 _ Pillow
06 _ Seven Wolves
07 _ Matchbox
08 _ OK
09 _ Drowning Boy
10 _ Leaves Fall
11 _ Wild Mountain Thyme (Traditional; Arranged and Adapted by David James Callan)
12 _ Uncle Bunny's Hoedown (Grady/Callan)


All songs by David James Callan Except Where Indicated. Copyright c. 1997 Loki Sings. All Rights Reserved. "Pillow" was the first song I wrote completely on my own...hundreds of lyrics and a capella songs and collaborations later. "OK" was written in Atlanta, GA when I was hanging out with Matt Lord, on my first guitar which was given to me by my brother Scott. I wrote about sixty songs on that guitar, it got left behind in Iowa City when I skedaddled out of there in February or March 2000. The bridge to the song "Matchbox" came years after I wrote the rest of the song, when I asked my Gen Lit students to write down all the profanities that they knew. That's where "wigger" comes from. It's not a word I use in everyday life, but I use vulgarities and curses more in my songs than I do in the everyday. A well placed obscenity can accomplish beautiful things. I wrote "Seven Wolves" mainly to counteract the nonsensical idea that gay dudes are the same as pedophiles. There's a line in "Tearing the Shirt" about getting drunk in an alley--that refers to my twenty-first birthday when my buddy Christian Meyers took me to Boston and I had no ID so we drank expensive imported beer in the alley behind somewhere, maybe a Chinese restaurant.


http://www.mediafire.com/?y2jnjmona3x